This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject).
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of
personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU.
GSS Management Services Limited is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice:
GSS Management Services Limited uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you marketing information which we believe may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial contact you consent to GSS Management Services Limited maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. When working as a data processor, GSS Management Services Limited will work hard to ensure it is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our websites, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. GSS Management Services Limited may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. GSS Management Services Limited may also collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites.
Any information GSS Management Services Limited holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
GSS Management Services Limited will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with marketing and consulting services, we not sell or broker your data.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet GSS Management Services Limited contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by GSS Management Services Limited
Data will be held for the purposes of providing the services which entities or subsidiaries owned, controlled, or operated by GSS Management Services Limited has agreed to supply.
By contracting with GSS Management Services Limited, you acknowledge that your personal data will be used in accordance with this Policy
GSS Management Services Limited may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. GSS Management Services Limited requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
GSS Management Services Limited do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with them without your consent. However, GSS Management Services Limited may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. GSS Management Services Limited may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of GSS Management Services Limited, its clients and/or the wider community.
GSS Management Services Limited will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for five years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After five years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in England using different (multiple) servers. GSS Management Services Limited does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst GSS Management Services Limited is in possession of or processing your personal
data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that GSS Management Services Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
GSS Management Services Limited at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (GSS Management Services Limited) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of GSS Management Services Limited or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
GSS Management Services Limited will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If GSS Management Services Limited is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made by in writing to us at GSS Management Services Limited, Cubic Business Centre, 533 Stanningley Road, Leeds, LS13 4EN.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by GSS Management Services Limited or its partners, you have the right to complain. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
GSS Management Services Limited
Cubic Business Centre
If we cannot resolve your concerns, you may report a concern to the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone (0303) 123 1113 for further information about your rights.